Bonjour à tous !

J'espère que vous allez bien. Aujourd'hui on se retrouve pour une interview ! Je suis récemment tombée sous le charme de la jolie blogueuse anglaise Emily de British Beauty Addict. Un blog anglais comme j'aime, tenu par une personne attachante et proposant un contenu plus qu'intéressant pour une beauty addict comme moi !

Je suis ravie qu'elle ai accepté de répondre à mes petites questions, qui je l'espère attiseront votre curiosité, et vous donneront l'envie d'aller regarder ce blog et de découvrir l'univers d'Emily.
Désolée d'avance, je n'ai pas eu le temps de traduire les réponses en français, n'hésitez pas à vous rendre sur reverso ou quelques traducteurs online pour faciliter la tâche si jamais vous ne comprenez pas bien l'anglais. PS : lire les blogs anglais, ça aide à progresser et à apprendre du vocabulaire du quotidien, promis promis c'est un super exercice, et en plus ludique !


Hello Emily ! Please, tell us a bit about yourself :)

Hello! My name is Emily Sarah Knott (but you can call me Em!). I’m a happy-go-lucky kinda girl and a self professed makeup obsessive, from a small and pretty town called Hertford in the UK. I have just finished studying Broadcast Journalism at University and I thoroughly enjoyed it and Im now very much looking forward to graduating in the summer. Luckily I landed myself a full-time (grown-up) job, as the social media and marketing assistant at a local Zoo and I love it! This year is full of possibilities for me, with my new job and the freedom to blog more! 
During my time at School, I suffered mildly from dyslexia when it came to spelling and grammar and I often felt it held me back, but I would always find myself writing, whether it be poetry, short stories, or just expressing how I felt at the time. In fact, I own over 5 diaries, one of which even dates back to the year 2000 and a couple of them, I have written in religiously for a whole year! I just love picking up a pen, or typing away. I wouldn’t be me if I couldn’t write. 
I set up British Beauty Addict last June, after finding myself reading other beauty blogs and thinking ‘I could do that!’. Combining my love of writing and my love for beauty products, is one of the best decisions I have ever made! 

When have you started being interested about makeup and the beauty world ?

I have always been a lover of all things makeup and beauty related from a very young age. I went shopping once when I was 13 with a friend and I bought my first ever high end makeup product, a Dior lipgloss which was super glossy and full of glitter particles and I remember feeling super chuffed and excited about my first “grown up” beauty buy! In fact, I still have the lip gloss (although I don’t wear it! I have kept it for sentimental reasons… Im a hoarder!). Since blogging my interest in the beauty world has grown significantly, I spend hours watching youTube videos from the likes of Tanya Burr, Zoella and Vivianna Does Makeup.. Im subscribed to over 100 channels! I have beauty books and a vanity table and drawers full of makeup and moisturisers! 

I saw you are studying journalism. Does it help with your blog in some ways?

My degree has certainly helped in terms of my written English and with feedback about my writing from Lecturers, it pushed me to publish some of my work online. Blogging is a great platform for me to grow as a writer and publish my work, especially if I want to go into Journalism, as in way it is a portfolio of my work. Furthermore, my blog is actually one reason why I was hired at the Zoo! However, there are hundreds of bloggers who haven’t studied journalism that are very successful. 

4) What do you love about the blogosphere, this huge community ?

I love the blogging community. I have finally found people who are just as makeup and beauty obsessive as me! I really enjoy reading through other bloggers posts and getting involved in the comments. And reading comments and feedback on my own posts, is always very rewarding. 

5) Would you ever consider your blog becoming a full-time job ?

I didn't set up my blog with the intention of it becoming a full-time job and it is still very early days. I’m actually surprised at how well my blog has done in less than a year, considering how saturated the internet is with beauty blogs. In all honesty, I haven’t thought about it and I’m quite happy with the way it is right now. I sometimes find when you make something you love a job, it can become a bit of a chore and I don’t want to spoil what I already have. Who knows?! Only time will tell!



6) Which French beauty brands you wish you could get in the UK ?

Lots of the French beauty brands are now available here in the UK, but not all the all the products are available to us. I would like to try Serozinc Spray from La Roche-Posay. Im open to any suggestions! 

7) I read that blogging is now for you a complete hobby. How do you see your blog in 5 years ? Do you think you will talk about different subjects, or still focusing on beauty ?

I can’t see myself focusing on anything else besides beauty. I do love a good fashion post, but the contents of my wardrobe isn’t all that interesting! I plan to post at least three times a week now I have finished university and would like to start posting FOTD’s and makeup tutorials (although I’m no makeup artist!). Also, as I studied Broadcast Journalism, I have been dithering about whether or not to start a youTube channel, but I think this is something that will come later on, maybe in a year or so, once more blog is more established. But yes, blogging has become second nature for me, every time I publish a post I feel really good and get excited to see what other people think. 

8) And last but not least : do you have any particular advices/tips for girls who want to start their own blog ?

Reviewing honestly and reviewing products other than those that have been blogged about a million times already, is important. In terms of your blog layout, a clear design with nice big pictures is also a bonus! You don’t necessarily need a fancy camera, I used to use my iPhone! Let your blog grow naturally and don’t be put down if you only have a few readers. But, the main thing is to always be yourself, especially as there are so many beauty bloggers, its really important to be unique. 


Voilà, j'espère que la lecture aura été bonne !

Je vous embrasse et à très vite, Victoria